Saturday, April 02, 2005

Wonderful inaugural performances!

Hey everyone,

What a fantastic job you all did at the Inauguration ceremony this morning! You looked and sounded SO professional and polished...I heard numerous comments at the reception afterwards. And kudos also to Lambuth Singers for a great job at the earliest performance we've done in a while--and I hope it'll be a while before we sing that early again! I really appreciate the time and energy you all give to make our ensembles the best they can be.

And thanks to those of you who attended Il Quatro Professore Friday night! I was in better voice on Thursday before the weather changed for the worse Friday morning. The Brahms songs are hard on the voice and I was a little nervous about whether I'd have the high notes or not, but they came out OK and I got through it. Thanks for your support!

And what a great job the other faculty did! You know, it's quite common in university music departments to have faculty with inflated egos fighting with each other all the time. Life's too short to put up with that crap! I'm really blessed to work with colleagues who are not only world-class musicians but also great friends. It makes Lambuth a much better place to work, and I think you students benefit more from a friendly environment like ours.

The Jazz Band did a great job at the Designer Showhouse tonight too! I only wish it had been warmer outside and that you had more people come around to hear you. I was really pleased that President and Mrs. Zuker came over to listen to you.

See you at Steven's recital tomorrow afternoon! (Don't forget to "spring forward" your clocks - otherwise you'll get there after it's over!)

RCB

No comments: