Friday, July 29, 2005

Sept. 18 - Lambuth Day in Methodist churches

Hey gang,

On Sunday, Sept. 18, the churches of the Memphis Conference are celebrating Lambuth Day - PR effort of the school to further connections with the United Methodist churches. I was asked to see if we could provide an ensemble or ensembles to one or more churches for that Sunday morning. I know a lot of you already have positions in area churches so I don't like to take the choirs out on Sunday mornings more than once a semester--sort of defeats the church PR purpose if you're taking musicians out of several churches all the time to sing at one church. And we're already going out on Nov. 13 for choir tour (probably a St. Louis "megachurch").

However, I think we could put together some small ad hoc ensembles to do this, particularly since we're going to do some small ensemble stuff on the fall tour program anyway. Those of you already working in area Methodist churches could stay where you are, and we could add folks to you. I think I know the churches where most of you are working, but if you could drop me a note to remind me, that would help us in planning--this Sunday is only 3 weeks or so into the semester.

Please pass this on to your choir friends if you hear from them. I'll send out a mass e-mail to everyone too. Thanks!
RCB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dr. B. Hope your summer has been great. John Wells, Kristen Ayers, and myself serve at East Trinity United Methodist.

Anonymous said...

be happy to play in a jazz combo :D