Saturday, July 02, 2005

Overload fee policy

Hi all,

I saw your comments regarding the change in overload fee policy for ensembles and, believe me, I'm just as concerned about it as you are. I had heard that the administration was considering this, but hadn't heard anything firm. I fear that it will have a severely negative impact on enrollment in ensembles, particularly by non-majors.

I called the Dean's office this afternoon but found she was on vacation. I'll call the President's office on Monday to find out what the official word is and will let you know what I find out. If this is really what's planned, I will be pushing HARD to have this overturned.

I'm having a wonderful time performing at the Oregon Bach Festival. I'll submit another post this weekend to tell you about it. I'm finalizing repertoire for our fall tour program and am really excited about the fall!

Dr. B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this whole thing is gonna be a major drain on the ensembles cause there are a lot of non-music majors that take an "overload" because of band and choir. plus i cant really afford the increase but i have to take those classes to keep my scholarships......oh and my truck got broken into last week.....lambuth is trying to make me have a nervous breakdown

Anonymous said...

i think brass ensemble is the only ensemble that is affected.