Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Concert Choir selected for TMEA!

I just received word this morning that the Concert Choir has been selected to perform for the Tennessee Music Educators Association convention in April! This is a tremendous honor, and I am so proud of you!

For those of you who don't know what this is...
Each year choirs, bands, and orchestras from all over Tennessee send in tapes of their performances to audition for a performing slot at the state music educators convention. A panel of judges listens to the tapes and selects only a few of the VERY BEST ensembles to perform. And you are one of them!

I'm not crazy about sports, but I'll go ahead and use a sports analogy. It's sort of like winning the conference championship and going to the regional playoffs.

Congratulations!
RCB

P.S. The convention is April 16-19. I'll let you know as soon as we have a specific performance date and time. We'll be performing at the Nashville Convention Center.

No comments: