Friday, September 22, 2006

Opinions requested - closing number for tour

Hey gang,

I'd like some feedback regarding the closing Concert Choir number for the tour program. I had originally planned to do Dave Brubeck's "All My Hope", but the players needed for the backup band wouldn't be able to go on tour.

What would you think about doing "The Awakening" again? Other than Irish Blessing, it's very rare that I want to repeat a piece even within a 4-5 year period, much less 2 years in a row. However, there are several reasons why I'm considering it:
1. You sang it so well last year;
2. It was so well received by the audience;
3. It's on the CD, which would help us sell the remaining stock;
4. Huneycutt loves it;
5. The text fits perfectly with "Tis You That Are the Music" and "Sky-Born Music" to make the closing set;
6. Since all the veterans know the piece, it wouldn't take long to put together, giving us more time for the Symphony Christmas music and Prayer of St. Patrick (which will be challenging to put together).

The downside would be that you might be tired of it, which would show in our performance.

What do you think? Posted comments welcome!
RCB

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say that this is a good idea. Some of the new people may have done the piece as well. In any case, any song that connects with the other closing songs will be great.

Anonymous said...

Please GOD NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Though I see the benefits, I am very tired of the song. Not to mention that the difficulty level of the song is quite low for a college choir. I would like to do a number that would impress our audience, and we could feel proud in performing too. I will try to think of a piece like that.

Anonymous said...

i am with ben. its a good song and i like it but something new would be cool. erica seconds me.
lori

Anonymous said...

i love the song but want to do more challenging things.